Searching for autumn leaf templates to use for your next fall-themed craft? These printable maple, oak and apple leaf templates are totally free to download, and they come in multiple different sizes and variations. Whether you’re looking for a detailed template or a simple outline to cut out with scissors, we’ve got you covered!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. We only endorse products, services and merchants that we have personally used/tested and consider of the highest quality standard. Please see our full disclosure for further information.
Looking for the printable? Simply scroll down and request it using the sign-up form!
Nothing says “fall” like colourful leaves, and they open up so many possibilities when it comes to crafts.
But what if you don’t feel like drawing the outline yourself, or if you need the leaves to be a consistent size and shape?
If you’re looking for autumn leaves to print out for your next craft, you’ve come to the right place! This free printable template for fall leaves includes various shapes and sizes that you can use for all your autumn crafts.
So whether you’re looking for an easy fall leaf colouring page for your preschooler, a basic leaf shape to cut out, or an intricate leaf template for your own fall-themed DIY, scroll down for some fall leaf templates and inspiration!
About This Printable
When you download this printable, you’ll receive a 12-page PDF file containing 3 sets of fall leaf templates in various sizes and variations.
Three different leaf shapes are included:
- Printable maple leaf templates (set of 4)
- Printable oak leaf templates (set of 4)
- Printable apple leaf templates (set of 4)
The maple and oak leaf drawings are quite distinctive, but the apple leaf template has a simple design that you can use in any craft that requires a basic leaf shape.
And because every craft is different, each autumn leaf shape comes in four different variations:
- Large leaf template with lines
- Small leaf templates with lines
- Large leaf outline (blank)
- Small leaf outlines (blank)
The large templates take up the full page to themselves and are perfect for crafts that require a large leaf shape; the smaller templates fit four to a page and can be used for crafts that require several smaller leaves.
We recently used some lined templates to make Glue & Chalk Pastel Fall Leaves and it worked out great because the lines showed us exactly where to trace.
As for the leaf outline templates, they have thicker stems that make them perfect for crafts that require leaf cutouts or stencils.
Once you have downloaded the PDF templates to your computer, all you’ll need to do is print them out on Letter-sized (8.5 x 11 inches) paper in order to use them!
How to Download Your Free Autumn Leaf Craft Templates
In order to download these free printable maple leaf, oak leaf and apple leaf templates to your phone or computer, you’ll need to request them using the form at the bottom of this article.
Once you do, simply confirm your subscription to our mailing list using the link in your inbox to receive your printable autumn leaves as a free gift. You should be redirected to the free download as soon as you click the confirmation button!
Things to Do with Autumn Leaf Templates
So you’ve downloaded the templates… now what? Here are a few fun things you can try:
- Print out the templates and use them as fall colouring sheets for your kids
- Make some DIY felt leaves for your child’s felt board
- Cut out the outline templates and arrange them into a paper leaf garland for your home
- Use construction paper to create paper strip autumn leaves
- Make a paper plate fall wreath
- Use the template as a stencil to create this awesome leaf silhouette art
- Decorate your windows with fall leaf suncatchers (these stained glass ones are really cool too!)
- Use tissue paper to create 3D crumpled tissue paper fall leaf art
- Make gorgeous fall leaf chalk outlines using black construction paper and chalk pastels
- Punch some holes on the template border to create DIY fall lacing cards to help your kids practice their fine motor skills
- Use the templates to create an outline for fall leaf string art
Request Your Free Fall Leaf Printouts Here!
Join my mailing list using the form below to receive your free autumn leaf patterns as a welcome gift:
Subscribers gain access to my free printables library as well as to exclusive content that may never be published on my site!
Related Free Craft Templates
Looking for more fun templates to make crafting a little easier? Check out these articles: